Like many Arlingtonians, Peter came to Arlington for the opportunity, but stayed for the schools. Arlington public schools are the engine that drives the county economically, and culturally. As a former member of the Planning Commission, Peter knows what it takes to build and maintain educational facilities while balancing other community needs.
- Support the construction of a new high school.
- Work more closely with the school board, especially on the construction of new schools.
- Promote school designs that build up, and preserve space.
- Advocate for continued improvements in teacher pay and conditions.
- Make community input an essential part of the school site-selection process.
- Stand with school officials and speak out against the intolerance and threats coming out of D.C.